Sunday, May 15

Censorship

It may be no big suprize to any of my readers, but I enjoy music with not so nice lyrics. These CD's come with the parental advisory label and I am fully aware of what is inside. I feel like I am mature enough to handle the materal portrayed in these CD's. Why is there censorship on the tracks? I know Michaela doesn't listen to dirty CD's, so she won't know what I'm talking about but soon will. Warning, Incoming Rant. On several of my Eminem CD's, there is blantant and unneccesary censorship. If I don't like the song, I won't listen to it. There is one track in paticular on The Marshall Mathers LP where, in vivid and graphic detail, he describes killing his wife. Guess what, I Don't Listen To IT. It bothers me. I love women and I can't stand to here such torcher. I am not calling for a ban of the song. I don't even know what it is called because it isn't even on my Itunes. However, the song I'm Back he mentions
I take seven kids from Colombine, stand 'em all in line
Add an AK-47, a revolver, a nine
a Mack-11 and it oughta solve the problem of mine
and that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time
Only in song, Kids and Colombine are censored out. I understand this CD was relesed soon after the tragity, and I say tragity (however it is spelled) with the earnest truth. But, if you don't like it, don't listen. There are other examples on other CD's, I know Kid Rock has a censorship on his Devel Without a Cause album. My point is, as a paying custumer, I have proved I am old enough for the content and if I choose not to listen to certain parts, I won't. (rant mode off).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home