Saturday, February 25

It's just money, what's the big deal??

My dad and I went to Missouri Valley to see my aunt and pick up some girl scout cookies. Somehow, she had heard about my job with Union Pacific. The second thing she asked me was how much I was making. Now, I am not ashamed of my salary there, but I just don't see how that is relevant. I told her I was making $10.50 and her eyes got real big and she was in somewhat in a state of shock. I know she has never seen $10/hour in her life. I would guess she has never even seen $9 before. I really isn't that big of a deal, but she tried to make it a big deal. Her husband tried to play it off like it was an average entry level salary. For what I am doing, it is fairly entry level, but then again, this is just an internship and many interns don't even get paid in the various fields they decide to pursue. I know I'm fortunate, but common, it's just money.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interns DON'T make that kind of money!!! Count yourself lucky!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home