Tuesday, December 26

One of the best Christmases ever

This has to go down as one of the better Christmases ever. It started Christmas eve when my mom could find the time in her schedule to come over for more then an hour and spend time with us. We had a wonderful dinner lovingly prepared by my father. Then we opened gifts and departed. The reason why we had to open gifts on Christmas Eve instead of the day is because my mom had "something else going on." I didn't ask, she didn't tell. I won't lie, it bothered me that we had re-arrange our lives...again...around her schedule. If fact, it bothered me a lot. What was I to do on Christmas day without spending time with my entire family? I had an idea, I would call up some friends and get drunk. That's the ole holiday spirit, right? This is coming from a kid who hates even having alcohol at his residence and has never been drunk before. Yep, I was pretty down. But when Christmas day came, Joe called me up and invited me to his parents for dinner. Ok, I tell myself, it looks like I will have something to do today. So while I am Joe's watching his brother play Guitar Hero II and hanging out with his older brother and brand new wife, I get a call from the Stevens. They wouldn't mind if I came over and had some fun with them. I say, OK, and head over there after dinner. I was at the Stevens until 2am. Quite possibly the latest I have ever seen Mrs. Stevens awake. While I was there, Ben called me up and said Kristin was hanging out at his apartment. I decided, OK, I'll head over there and have some fun. And fun it was. I always enjoy hanging out with Ben and having a female present is always a plus. I didn't get out of there until 5am. I get home and realize that my alarm is going to go off in an hour, so there is really no use in going to bed. I ate some Raisin Bran for breakfast and took a shower. Now here I sit, watching Sunrise Earth over Costa Rica on Discovery HD typing in my blog and getting ready for work. I have 0% sleep and a manditory 12-13 hr workday ahead of me, but at least I had fun the night before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home