Saturday, March 3

Making Peace

I get this phone call this morning, and notice it's a 408 area code...diffrent then mine. I answer it prepared to tell someone they have the wrong number when the following exchange takes place:
Me: "Hello?"
Caller: "I talked with your wife yesterday"
>"I'm afraid..."
>>"Now hold on, just let me make my peace without any intruptions. I talked with your wife and we decided it would be best if you went ahead and got the divorce. I love her and she doesn't want to be with you anymore. Now I'm sure this is hard for you to hear, but it needs to be said. So please just stay out of her life. "
>"Well, that's all well and good, but I'm not married and I think you have the wrong number."
>>"...Is this (says my phone number)?"
>"Well, sure, but area code 402."
>>"....."
>"Look, I hope everything works out with you and your new girlfriend."
>>"....."
>"Have a good day sir"
>>".. sorry, this is the wrong number.. sorry"



It must have taken a lot of courage for him to make that phone call, I hope he didn't lose it all with the real person he needed to make peace with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are sure that phone call wasn't ment for me? It souunds like his chicken shit style over the phone and not in person Man to Man.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home