Saturday, June 11

10 Things I Miss

Some Things I miss as I sit in my bedroom procrastinating an English Paper.
1.) I Miss the carefree days of frolicing in the park or spending hours on end laying on my back and looking at the sky. Now I have summer classes and a job.
2.) I Miss my girlfriend. She seems to work all time. But then again, so do I.
3.) I Miss lunch. I had to mow today and only had a slice of pizza. Come to think about it, it is 8pm and now I miss dinner too.
4.) I Miss the days when I didn't have to balance a checkbook. If I needed money, I asked my dad and he gave five or ten dollars. Now I have to find ways to balance money for personal, educational, and dinning needs.
5.) I Miss knowing everything. When I was in middle school, I could answer every question thown at me. As I get older, however, I am quickly realizing there is more to life then having a "teen" at the end of your age.
6.) I Miss Michaela. We talked nearly every night before she went to florda. Jenn teased me by saying I tell Michaela good night after I tell my girlfriend good night.
7.) I Miss the structured Sunday School classes in the high school room. I do enjoy the bible study atmosphere of the college, but high school seemed more fun.
8.) I Miss My Mom. We use to have a great relationship. I know she will probly read this, but I am going to say what I want anyway. I miss the days when she would pick me up from school. I miss the hugs when i couldn't put my arms around her. I am glad she lost the weight, but this is still about me and the things I miss, now where was I. I miss the laughter in her eyes and how happy she seemed before her parents died. I miss the days when I felt like I could tell her anything and when I knew as much as what was happening in her life as she knew what was happening in mine. I miss the days when there wern't so many secrets between us. I miss the days when I wouldn't have to see my mom brused up and contemplating suicide.
9.) I Miss the semi-peaceful coexistence between my parents. I enjoyed being a happy family. I enjoyed going on vacation and not having the constant bickering; not having my own mother spending 40% or more of her time on the cell phone with a male voice on the other line.
10.) I miss the days when boys were allowed to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home